Kerala egg roast is a typical breakfast to go with Appam. You will love this egg dish for its taste and flavor, besides the simplicity involved in its preparation. Check out the recipe.
Ingredients required to prepare Kerala egg roast
Eggs - 4, (boil, and make small slits lengthwise)
Onion sliced - 2
Green chilies slit - 2
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Tomato chopped - 2
Red chili powder - 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Black pepper power - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 2-3 tbsps
1. Take a heavy bottomed vessel.
2. Add onions, green chillies and saute.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute.
4. After 7 to 8 minutes, add curry leaves, coriander powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder and salt. Sute.
5. Add tomatoes, saute.
6. Add 1/4 cup of water and boiled eggs.
7. Cover with lid and cook in low flame for 8-9 mts.
8. Add garam masala powder.
9. Cook for 2-3 mts and turn off flame.
10. Serve with idiyappam, appam or chapati.